Account Development Manager
To develop partnerships/relationships with clients, diagnose needs or problems to be solved, analyze the situation and agree on targeted results. The Account Development Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Manage day-to-day relations with corporate partners. Develop and maintain close business ties with key players.
- Design and implement business plans to encourage optimum participation by customers in the respective insurance plans.
- Analyze performance indicators associated with the growth of each insurance plan, and ensure they are in line with DGIG objectives.
- Coordinate the management of complaints and disputes of a strategic nature. Propose and recommend changes to existing insurance plans and ensure the contract commitments are fulfilled.
- Design and implement an overall plan, as well as individual plans for each partnership in order to retain the client.
- Participate in partner or public relations activities.
EDUCATION & TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
- Post Secondary Education (Bachelor Degree) in a business related field or extensive experience in lieu.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of account development sales experience.
- Sound knowledge of account development strategies.
- Sound knowledge of marketing and distribution techniques for financial products.
- Adept at giving presentations in a group setting.
- Proficient with in-house systems (Lotus Notes, MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- French (both verbal and written) is an asset.
- A professional level of English (both verbal and written) is required.
- Customer Service Oriented
- Action and Result Oriented
- Sound & Timely Decision Making Skills
- Excellent Time Management & Organizational Skills
- Sound Problem Solving Skills
- Proven Negotiating Skills
- Politically Savvy & Autonomous
Please note that this position covers Atlantic Canada with emphasis on Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, PEI and New Foundland. Ideally, the candidate would be based out of Halifax or surrounding areas.
This position will require overnight travel. In addition, the successful candidate must be flexible around working occasional weekends. It is expected that the job will involve 50% travel.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
REPORTS TO: Director – Account Development
Winner of a recent award as one of “Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate
Cultures”, Desjardins General Insurance Group offers a competitive compensation
and benefits package, excellent training and career development opportunities and a
fast paced work environment where work-life balance is a priority.