2nd Class Power Engineer Panel Operator Relief Shift Supervisor
Methanex is the world's largest supplier of methanol to major international markets in North America, Asia Pacific, Europe and Latin America. Methanol can be found in products from windshield washer fluid to recyclable plastic bottles, plywood floors to paint, silicone sealants to synthetic fibers. The energy sector is one of the most rapidly growing markets for the use of Methanol and greatly relies on the expertise and commitment of Methanex as their trusted supplier.
As a pivotal member of the site Operations team, you will be responsible for controlling the operation of the plant from the main control room. This will involve supporting shift supervisors, as well as mentoring panel operators and field operators, in the areas of training and operations team development.
You will also:
- Operate the control system and related instrumentation to ensure the safe and efficient operation of the plant;
- Mentor Panel Operators and Field Operators to ensure appropriate training is completed to ensure progression within the team;
- Support Shift Supervisors in the areas of safety, team development, training, emergency response and shift coverage.
This an excellent opportunity for an strong communicator who is Certified as a 2nd Class Power Engineer and has 10+ years of conventional methanol or ammonia plant experience, or other relevant petrochemical experience.
A proven leader, you have previous experience in a supervisory capacity that includes coaching and mentoring employees, completing employee performance appraisals, and supporting training, development and career planning activities for employees.
The following would be considered assets:
- Experience with Foster Wheeler reformers and/or Honeywell DCS;
- Expertise in Operating Procedures and Processes and/or Work Permit and Hazard ID Processes.
Above all you possess extensive operating experience, and the ability to communicate that experience to a multi-faceted team. You can be relied upon to remain calm in various situations while positively influencing others. The capacity to identify potential and existing issues within the department, and work with the team to resolve those issues is essential.
Building on their core values of integrity, trust, respect and professionalism, Methanex's corporate culture encourages communication and teamwork and rewards employees for creativity and innovation. Methanex is very active in supporting educational and training/development initiatives. Methanex sponsors scholarships and co-op programs at local colleges and universities as well as hands-on training programs at all its manufacturing facilities.
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, you can expect an industry competitive salary along with the following benefits:
- Incentive bonus plan;
- 4 weeks paid vacation;
- Medical/Dental/Vision plan;
- Pension plan and optional Share purchasing plan;
- Monthly social events;
- Possible relocation assistance for the right candidate.